Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm finally biting the bullet and ditching the Ibis.

I hate to see it go given how rare it is, and how good of shape, but I've spent way too much on other bike stuff recently, and I never ride it anymore.

So, now I have another dilema. Just before I got my Yeti, and stopped riding the Ibis, I had purchased a really nice Race Face Turbine (used) crankset for the Ibis.

So far, I haven't been super impressed cause I busted a tooth on one chainring, which I've NEVER done on a Shimano crankset. In addition, there's something about their aluminum that makes a weird clattery noise in comparison to my Shimano stuff.
On another note, the RF is lighter, and does look cooler. Many of my friends say I'm crazy ditching it, and that the tooth ordeal was just a fluke. Supposedly, the crank-arms on the RF are stiffer than my XTs.

Now, I'm kinda stuck on my decision, and given the fact that I've already listed the bike as is.
I noted in my ad that I may switch, but I don't know whether I need to adjust the price, or whether I should fool with any of this to begin with.

I looked at Weight Weenies.com for a comparison to see if I'd be saving any weight, but there was only a difference of maybe 20-40 grams at most, depending on how you look at it.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody?

I would hate to ruin the extra "bling" factor of the Race Face crank, in that it could be a deciding point for some people.
However, at the same time, I hate to see it go given the fact I just bought it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.