Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

So I want to get back into MTB and I need to choose new bike.
I don't have 1000 or 2000 to pay I have only 600-700$
I found few bikes but I don't know are they good or not

1. MTB Fully Bulls Wild One Schwarz 48 cm Modell 2012 UVP 499€ | eBay

2.26" Zoll MTB Mountainbike Fahrrad KCP Pump 2 21 Gang Shimano 4 Link Weiss Neu | eBay

I know you can't get really good modern FS bike if you don't have at least grand but these are a bit old and maybe they are cheaper cause of it.But if you say these are **** and i should go with hardtail MTB then give me few good examples of hard tail.

P.S-With my bike I want to drive on trails do some jumps and go offroad.
Frame needs to be good and solid.

Thanks for answers :)

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I don't read German, from the things I could see they both low end bikes with the Zoll being the better of the two. They have old seven speed shifters ana derailluers .If you needed to replace parts ,they might be hard to come by.What is your budget?You need more than frame to be strong ,the wheels ,crank, pedals ,bars,and stem need to be able to stand up too.

·
Clueless genius
275 Posts
First off, I would pass on both of the bikes you linked to. They're not particularly great pieces of equipment.

I don't know what the used market is like in Germany, but I would suggest looking around local classified advertizements. While you can find a solid, used full-suspension bike from the mid 00's for that kind of money, I wouldn't suggest that route for a beginner unless you're very sure of what exactly you want and where to get replacement parts. Look for a hardtail; your money will go further and the bike will be much easier to maintain. Furthermore, if you're new to the sport and trying to figure out what kind of bike is best for you, ordering direct from online isn't the best route. You absolutely need to get on the bike, ride it around, shift the gears, and get a feel for the machine. Go to a local bike shop, test ride stuff around your budget range, and try and decide what feels best for you.

I also would like to suggest some reading material for you:
MY GUIDE: Buying 2nd Hand - What You Should Look For - Pinkbike Forum
MY GUIDE: Mountain biking & Buying Your First Bike - Pinkbike Forum

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello

I don't live in Germany I just found these bikes in ebay I live in Latvia the country is next to Estonia.
I am not complete noob I own really old hardtail MTB and I just wanted to try out something new.
I decided that I will buy this Airborne Bicycles. Guardian 2.0

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Pretty sure I've seen them both advertised online. Maybe on the British discount sites? Did you Google?

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Yeah. I think they're pretty much the same deal as Airborne, but you don't need to get them shipped across an ocean.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts