Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off, I apologize for annoying you all with another "which bike for me" thread.
But, I appreciate in advance any advice anyone can offer.

I ride a lot of all mountain out here in CO, and its time to get a new bike. I'm looking for the "best bang for the buck" AM bike. I ride somewhat aggressive, especially on the downhill sections. I need a bike that does good climbing though because theres a lot of that here. I will be using the bike for some xc racing also.

I will most likely buy used and am looking to spend anywhere from $1000-$1700.

What can you all suggest? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Since you mentioned used, I'm in Colorado and I have a 2008 5 inch travel DW-Link Iron Horse MKIII frame with shock, headset, and spare derailleur hanger I'd sell to you for $300. You could get some good component deals online and build it up in your price range easily. The frame has very low miles on it and is in excellent condition (few surface scuffs on the paint, no dings, dents, or scratches). How tall are you? It's a 19" frame.

I know you said you were looking for a complete bike, but I figured I'd throw it out there. Otherwise, you're probably best off checking the classifieds here, pinkbike, and ridemonkey.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Evader 53 said:
I need a bike that does good climbing though because theres a lot of that here. I will be using the bike for some xc racing also..
I don't know of anything truely AM that you can win XC races on in that price range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts