Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the SS scene and just picked up a Mountain Cycle Rumble S-1 frame that I am anxious to build up. I pretty much need everything and was hoping I could get some help picking parts. I do have the spacer/single cog kit that lets you use a standard rear hub, but I need a wheelset, brakes, fork, cranks, etc., etc. If anyone has any suggestions or some old parts that they want to get rid of cheap, please let me know! I figure I'll build it up just to try it out, and if I like the whole SS thing then I can always upgrade parts as needed. I do have some old square taper XT cranks and a BB. Can I take a couple of the rings off and just use these, or is that not a good idea?

Also, what gearing do you recommend for a 6'1, 210lbs. agressive rider who is a fairly strong climber?

As I mentioned, this is all new to me and I have no clue what I'm doing, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
2,093 Posts
Check out the FAQ

Link at upper right hand of page. All the stuff is there to get you going. Oh yah, If i were you, i'd use those ol' cranks of yours and anything else you have lying around. As for gearing. Go with the 2:1 ratio and adjust from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.