Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so ive decided to pull the trigger and get a nomad:thumbsup: but price is still an issue :p so do you guys think i should just go with the lowest end complete or what? if you were me and could afford the low end build what would you do? thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
The low end R AM kit is awesome value for the money with no crappy parts. When you negotiate the price try and get these modest upgrades thrown in for free.

TruVativ Stylo switch to Shimano XT
Avid Juicy 5's switch to Shimano XT
Lizard Skin Charger grips switch to ODI Ruffian grips

If they say no, talk to a different salesman.

A great fork that's CHEAP is the RS Domain 318. (Don't get the 302 version, I haven't read good reviews) This fork is the biggest bang for the buck right now for Freeriding. The other forks on the SC website are a lot more $$$. If you insist on AM forks the Nixon Elite would be a good choice, very lightweight. The Fox Van 36R is awesome too, but these are almost twice as much $$$ as the Domain.

Last but not least - do it yourself ghetto tubeless conversion.
http://www.nsmb.com/gear/tubeless_12_04.php

I'm saving my pennies for one of these baby's in the spring! Good luck!

·
Ride Good or Eat Wood
606 Posts
I'm similarly looking at the RAM model nomad. However was thinking of upgrading:

Brakes and Levers: Avid Juicy 7's
Wheel set: Mavic Crossmax SX
Fork: Rockshox totem solo air

Sill looking at the crankset, want to go dual rings with bashguard. Any recommendations?

"Though my life is changing fast,
My roots are planted in the past,
Who I am, is who I want to be"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.