Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Manitou Minute 2 with 100mm of travel. Is it possible to convert this fork to 80mm of travel? I've been searching the net for an answer, but I've had no luck. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Haro Sonix LT VL120
813 Posts
I've never heard of one being converted but you could call Manitou and see what the difference is betwixt the 100 and 80. The number is: 661-257-4411

David

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yes, please do post your findings! I too have the same fork and often wondered if it would be possible to lower it by 15-20mm.

Arek

·
Haro Sonix LT VL120
813 Posts
I have a Black Super Air SPV 80mm and was thinking if I could raise it to 100. It should be interesting.

David

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I talked with Manitou's technical support rep, and sorry to say, he told me there was not an option to decrease the travel on the 2005 Minute 2. Might be time to go fork shopping.

·
Registered
808 Posts
mobey said:
I talked with Manitou's technical support rep, and sorry to say, he told me there was not an option to decrease the travel on the 2005 Minute 2. Might be time to go fork shopping.
That's too bad... But I was prepared for that. Something told me that the internals (damper) length for the pre-set travel of 100mm will not let us lower the fork.

I too see a new fork in my future for 2008 - a Fox 32 F80, since it now has post style disc brake mounts like Manitou, so my caliper will fit with no adapters.

Arek

1 - 8 of 8 Posts