Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and 3 friends are headed to the first week of SGC on Sunday and one of my buddies desperately needs new Dust wipes for his 2010 Boxxer race. (or so he says). I called SRAM for him but they can't garruntee they would make it here by thursday, because ups is closed on friday.

I called FranatykCo bikeshop in the Village at Whislter and they have 35mm dust wipes for the Lyric. SO my question is, will the lyric wipes work in his new Boxxer?

Thanks.

G

·
Calidownhiller said:
Me and 3 friends are headed to the first week of SGC on Sunday and one of my buddies desperately needs new Dust wipes for his 2010 Boxxer race. (or so he says). I called SRAM for him but they can't garruntee they would make it here by thursday, because ups is closed on friday.

I called FranatykCo bikeshop in the Village at Whislter and they have 35mm dust wipes for the Lyric. SO my question is, will the lyric wipes work in his new Boxxer?

Thanks.
Is it leaking?

There is no way he should need new wipers by now, those forks have only been on the market for about 6 weeks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks you guys. I told him the day he got the fork to have me rebuild it for him, and he didnt listen, and then his fork seized up like all those other ones. I am gonna call him and have him bring his bike into the shop.

·
Registered
75 Posts
chooofoojoo said:
No.

different oil seals, as well as wipers. completely different part #s from sram, different parts all together.
Single oilseal/dustwiper kits have different part numbers.

This is what I found at sram.com

Part # Description
11.4015.066.000 Domain/Lyrik/Boxxer (35mm) Dust Seal Qty 20
11.4015.200.000 Lyrik/Domain/Boxxer (35mm) Oil Seal Qty 20
11.4015.073.000 Domain/Lyrik/Boxxer (35mm) Upper Bushing Qty 20

These are taken from the 2009 spare parts catalog that can be found at sram.com.
So they should be the same...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts