Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

anyone here got a dakota xc?

i'm after a steel hardtail, and any feedback would be much appreciated! unfortunately as supply is limited in australia, finding a demo bike to test is a bit difficult!

cheers,
tt

·
Not because I'm fast.....
748 Posts
Feedback for you

I have a 2001 Dakota XC and it has been a good bike for the past few years. The ride of the 631 steel is really nice and lively. I upgraded the bike a lot over the past few years and the only thing still stock are the derailleurs. I think it is a great steel hardtail for the money and you can't beat the component specs on any Jamis bike.

The only negative is the geometry as far as I am concerned. The top tubes run way too short on the Jamis hardtail frames. This would only be a problem if you are tall like me or like a longer top tube. Might not be an issue for you though. Overall a nice bike.
I would also consider the Rocky Mountain Hammer too. Same price point and a very nice reynolds steel frame as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
374 Posts
will be picking mine up in a couple of months and hav test riden it several times

:D (you know can't stay away)
love it, it is great ...
i would check out the reviews ...that's what promted me to get mine ... :D
but the bike is solid ...
haven't tortured it yet ..that comes when i'm done paying for it ...
but i love it allready ...
only things i didn't like were the time pedals and the mavic crossland wheels set ...
will probably upgrade to mavic crossmax's when i can ...
hope that helps

·
Registered
151 Posts
Love my 1998

My 1998 has been a great steel hardtail. According to the specs on their webpage, Jamis increased the length of their top tubes on this and the dragon for '03 and '04. The slightly short TT (ok with 135mm stem) on my 1998 is my only complaint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts