Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. Was hoping you could help me out with what I'm sure is a silly newb question but for the life of me I can't figure out how to install the drive side rear 142x12mm end cap for my new set of Sun Ringle Charger Expert wheel set.. The non drive side was easy, it literally just pops off, not so with the drive side.

Was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me. Would really appreciate it. I've Googled pretty extensively but can't find much. Does seem like I may need a 17mm cone wrench which I don't have, but I'm not even certain about that.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@ssdark1 Not sure if you are checking this, but I am in the same situation. I was able to get the non-drive side off just fine but the drive side is difficult. Did you use a special tool? I see where a hex wrench can be used, but how do you loosen it from the hub? It would seem this is threaded in place.

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
it is threaded. once the non drive side cap is pulled off the axle has to be held still so the drive side cap can be removed. my cap came so tight from the factory i had to clamp the axle in a vice and use vice grips to wist the drive side cap off. a word of advice: when you reinstall finger tight will do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts