Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy wanted to get me into mountain biking and lent me an old bike he had from the 90's. After about 8 rides I'm completely hooked but the front shock is pretty much dead. I was hoping someone here could help me identify it so i can see if its rebuildable. thanks

·
Never enough time to ride
1,575 Posts
That is a Rock Shox SID. I can't tell the exact model or year as it looks like some of the decals are missing. Check the first 2 numbers of the serial number, that should give you a year for it.

happy trails...

squish

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i checked the serial number and i'm pretty sure it says 088a801552. i did a google search for info on rockshox serial numbers but turned up empty. have any guidance?

·
Never enough time to ride
1,575 Posts
Yup the 08 I do believe puts as a 1998. Good fork for it's intended application as a XC race fork, not that great for much else, and from a mechanics perspective a huge PITA to work on.

Are you still using this fork?

happy trails...

squish

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, i'm still using it. using the instructions i pumped some air into it and it seems to be much better now. before it had almost an inch of sag, now its just a few MM. going out to the trails in oleta to test it out now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What Model and Year is this Rock Shox

I bought this Rock Shox off a friend of mine, I would like a little help out herer if you wouldn't mind, I would like to get some rebuild parts but I have no clue as to what year , I think its either a Mag 21 or a Judy series but I really haven't a clue.
Any help anyone could give me would be supremely appreciated.
Thanks everyone
:eekster:

Yellow Pipe Cylinder Steel Bicycle accessory
Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle accessory Spoke Rim

·
Dont Rep me
151 Posts
I bought this Rock Shox off a friend of mine, I would like a little help out herer if you wouldn't mind, I would like to get some rebuild parts but I have no clue as to what year , I think its either a Mag 21 or a Judy series but I really haven't a clue.
Any help anyone could give me would be supremely appreciated.
Thanks everyone
:eekster:

View attachment 900747 View attachment 900748
I don't know what year, but it looks like Mag21.
Judy had dropouts in the front like the Sid pic in this thread.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Judy XC that I think needs service since I can't dial in the firmness. I can't remember what year I had it install. I think it's late 90s or 2000. Question 1) Do I need to find out what year of make before servicing it? Question 2) What do I need to do to stiffen the ride? I only use it to ride on city streets and flat hard pack trail. When I get out of the saddle to climb up a hilly street, it's very plushy. I like a stiffer ride
Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle fork
. Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I have a Judy XC that I think needs service since I can't dial in the firmness. I can't remember what year I had it install. I think it's late 90s or 2000. Question 1) Do I need to find out what year of make before servicing it? Question 2) What do I need to do to stiffen the ride? I only use it to ride on city streets and flat hard pack trail. When I get out of the saddle to climb up a hilly street, it's very plushy. I like a stiffer ride
View attachment 901609 . View attachment 901612
It's a 1999/2000 Judy going by the decals (had a 2000 Judy race with the same sticker design). To firm up the fork, you would need a firmer spring.
Here's a link to the service manual - http://www.enduroforkseals.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/judy99.pdf - page ten has the info required to change the springs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys! I'm trying to identify the make date of my Rockshox SID fork. Not sure if it's bad that I'm digging up an old thread, but here I go:

Serial number 34133122

I was initially guessing early 2000s, but it seems it's older.

Rockshox serial number search (RockShox Setup Guide | SRAM) turns up nothing :(

I'm posting because the fork has sunken down, and the seals need replacing and general maintenance.
Not sure if this kit would be compatible? RockShox Fork Service Kit for 28mm SID (2000-2008)
I appreciate any help!

·
Read Only
2,101 Posts
Pretty sure that's 2003. Maybe 04 but they didn't change much through that era.

That kit should work, a while after they stopped making the 28mm Sid they changed to a single service kit that covers all versions of the fork to make it simple and maintain support.

If the damper is called "pure" its a Team fork, if its "pure delite" its a race

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pretty sure that's 2003. Maybe 04 but they didn't change much through that era.

That kit should work, a while after they stopped making the 28mm Sid they changed to a single service kit that covers all versions of the fork to make it simple and maintain support.

If the damper is called "pure" its a Team fork, if its "pure delite" its a race
I found out it's a Pure by taking a closer look...

Coming back to that kit... do you know what else I would need in terms of a total rebuild? I suppose wiper seals and foam rings, right? Such as: RockShox Wiper Seal und Schaum Ring Kit für 28mm Sid, Pilot, Dart, 11.4307.250.000 | eBay

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.