Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! Newbie here...I'm going for a retro bike and came across a frame for sale that I like. I'm asking your help to identify the frame model in the attached photos. Vintage catalogs for 1996 and 1997 does not help either. Appreciate your help in advance. OBTW, what would do you think is a fair price (considering all the other hardware I will need to get)?

Attachments

·
Sneaker man
3,657 Posts
It FRSET, so frameset, it's not a model at all (although caad3 was used on f700,f1000, f3000). Being a frameset, the regular colours you look for in the Cat, may not necessarily be the same. They could ahve done mid season colours, or just alternate colours for the framesets, or even special orders or something. So 96 Caad3, you can build it how you want it'll be nice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It FRSET, so frameset, it's not a model at all (although caad3 was used on f700,f1000, f3000). Being a frameset, the regular colours you look for in the Cat, may not necessarily be the same. They could ahve done mid season colours, or just alternate colours for the framesets, or even special orders or something. So 96 Caad3, you can build it how you want it'll be nice.
Good point...probably special order to mimic the police bike color of that time. What would you consider to be a reasonable price considering I have to get a lot of hardware?

·
since 4/10/2009
34,357 Posts
Making a few assumptions here -

Usually (at least now, and has been this way for awhile), most of the major manufacturers only make their top end models available as a frame. Also, very commonly, this is noted in small print in the catalog in the section for that model ("available as frameset" or similar language).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Making a few assumptions here -

Usually (at least now, and has been this way for awhile), most of the major manufacturers only make their top end models available as a frame. Also, very commonly, this is noted in small print in the catalog in the section for that model ("available as frameset" or similar language).
Thank you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.