Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me identify my fork. the only sticker on it is the TPC + on the lower leg. it has an MRD crown, and a red steerer. There are micro lube ports and it has a Ti spring. I think the vintage is between 99 - 01. Anyone know exactly what it is.

Attachments

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
fsrxc said:
It looks a lot like my Xvert Super...
That could be as well. How much travel does it have? The SX series would be 80mm with 26.8mm stanchions and the X-Vert would be 105mm with 30mm stanchions. I didn't think the X-Vert came with a Ti spring though.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Homebrew said:
That could be as well. How much travel does it have? The SX series would be 80mm with 26.8mm stanchions and the X-Vert would be 105mm with 30mm stanchions. I didn't think the X-Vert came with a Ti spring though.
I'll measure the stanchions, that should be preatty definitave.

·
2,548 Posts
Hudnut said:
Help me identify my fork. the only sticker on it is the TPC + on the lower leg. it has an MRD crown, and a red steerer. There are micro lube ports and it has a Ti spring. I think the vintage is between 99 - 01. Anyone know exactly what it is.
Did they have TPC + back then ?? I thought it was just plain ol' TPC at that time.....dunno ???

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Furrner said:
If the damping oil is in the left leg it looks like it is pre '00 Xvert super, probably a '99.
Oil is in the right, it has 30 mm stanchions, and over 80mm travel. So I'm guessing that is a safe bet to call it an '00 X-vert Super. thanks all!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey, the X-verts had 105mm of travel starting in 2000 I believe. That looks probably like an SX series. Does it have adjustable rebound on the bottom of the leg? All of the X-verts did, As I had a 2000 Model as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.