Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hoping someone will recognize this. My father in law didn't want it anymore so gave it to me, but doesn't have the keys, doesn't know the model, and doesn't have a manual or anything. I'm just trying to figure out how/if I mount and use it. Thanks!

20161226_173522.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
It looks like you have a Yakima ROC 2 bike rack. This is a hitch mounted bike rack that Yakima made from the late 1990's until 2003. It is hard to see the bike rack shank in the photo to tell if it is designed to fit a 2 inch or 1-1/4 inch hitch receiver. A quick measurement of the outside of the shank will tell you which size hitch it will fit.

Since this rack is around 15 years old, it is hard to know what types of lock cores or keys are used with it. Without the keys to know what key number is needed, the best option, if it is locked, is to either have a locksmith pick the locks or drill out the cores so they will release.

I was able to find an old manual online for the ROC 2 bike rack: http://assets.yakima.com/Product/instructions/8002532

We've also written an article about replacement parts for the ROC 2:
Replacement Hitch Pin and Lock for Yakima ROC 2 or ROC 4 Bike Racks | etrailer.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts