Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
COTA member
971 Posts
I gave up my '98 Specialized S-Works M2 HT 26" last summer for a Niner Jet 9 29" FSR. Best biking decision I ever made. My experience was so good with the Niner 29" I just upgraded to a Niner Jet 9 RDO and a Niner AC9 SS for this season. Wife encouraged me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've sipped the kool-aid and it's too late for me! Now the decision is between Jet9 and Jet9 RDO. I am in the same situation as you, however I am the WIFE and my husband does not bike so he doesn't understand why someone would want a 5,000 dollar bike. I work full time and so does my husband, all big purchases we decide together, so I do have to get his approval for my purchase. To be honest I do not mind this, he keeps me in check because well, I do like to buy things lol. I've been approved to purchase a FS 29er, but had priced the Trek Superfly AL, the Niner goes up quite a bit from there, especially the RDO. I need to force the kool-aid down his throat now :)

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Get yourself a used Redline Monocog 29 (find one that looks like crap), and here a shiny girly (new) women specific Trek Fisher. Boy will you go on good rides.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Well just to sweeten the Koolaid a bit more, here's a pic of my new Banshee Prime, 130mm in the back, 140mm upfront :thumbsup: I made the switch in 2007 and never looked back, only 26" wheeled bike I have now is a M and it's a loaner for the vertically challenged :D

·
they took the bar
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well just to sweeten the Koolaid a bit more, here's a pic of my new Banshee Prime, 130mm in the back, 140mm upfront :thumbsup: I made the switch in 2007 and never looked back, only 26" wheeled bike I have now is a M and it's a loaner for the vertically challenged :D

Sweet ride! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I have a 2003 Titus SB. I also have a Sir9 geared and fully rigid. They are 2 very different bikes with 2 very different applications.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts