Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new setup is a mavic ceramic rim w/ the ne XTR Vs. I've never used a ceramic rim for my Vs.These thing pulse like nuts. I can visable see the fork shaking forward and back. It feels like ABS in my car. What is going on here?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Grande said:
My new setup is a mavic ceramic rim w/ the ne XTR Vs. I've never used a ceramic rim for my Vs.These thing pulse like nuts. I can visable see the fork shaking forward and back. It feels like ABS in my car. What is going on here?
Are you using Ceramic brake pads? and are the rims straight?

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
Grande said:
I seen mavic ceramic rims that lose parts of the coating. Maybe thats the problem?
Using ceramic pads helps. I used to have ceramic rims till I went disc and the only tim I had those "pulse/studder?" was when the rim was a lil wet but that symptom hardly happened alot. Maybe the V's are loose?
Other then that I dont know unless the rim has bends in the surface. But then the ceramic coating would flake off and you would see it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts