Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
oh lefty gods
bought a cheap lefty off some classifieds advertised as a 130 max tpc from a prophet.Wanted a spare lefty(own a prophet with lefty 140 max)and it was cheap so..... needed a rebuild and re shim done that, internally the fork had same length outer and inner bearing strips as my 140 so is it a 130 or a 140 ? how to tell ?spring length ?please help

·
Fixin' shocks Day & Night
270 Posts
It sounds like a 140 MAX TPC, unless there is a shim stack reducer? If not then it is a 140 the 130 travel is the newer version and looks completely different internally.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
theres no travel reducer and it looks exactly like my 06 140, sticker and colour wise
wasnt there a 130 max with the prophet sl?

·
Ridin' dirty!
2,206 Posts
butroid said:
theres no travel reducer and it looks exactly like my 06 140, sticker and colour wise
wasnt there a 130 max with the prophet sl?
The 130mm lefty max came with the Jekyll and early Gemini, the European Propet SL was essentially a regular US Prophet only used a shorter shock in the rear to reduce the travel to 120mm and the front was a regular MAX 140 which was also reduced to 120mm.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so its a 140 or an upgraded jake (tpc), are the jakes similar internally ie bearing sliders?
was sure there was a specific 130 max.Ridden today seems ok apart from a spring rattle
More grease on the spring bump stop thing.Hey thanks for all the help

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,393 Posts
LIttle late to the party, but hey, it's a party;) If it was identical to your 140, it's a 140. The 130's were very different in terms of spring preload. 130's have no threaded rings, just spacers and slotted washers. The Jake is a wholesale different fork, no retro-fitting ever happened with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts