Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am searching for a attitude/adroit MC1 120m no rise stem that would fit on a xs/s headtube. I am also looking for someone that makes or sells adapters so i can install 105/110 mm no rise stems on a sm attitude/adroit because klein never made those. In my dreams... i would like to have one 120m flatbar and two of those adapters. I also heard that someone made adapters so that you could install a 1 inch rascal mc1 into the 1 1/4 attitude/adroit headtube. I would like one of those also. Please ,please help if you know the info. Thanks a Whole bunch...jason

p.s I might have a MC1 stem that you want!!

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
jasonwa said:
I am searching for a attitude/adroit MC1 120m no rise stem that would fit on a xs/s headtube. I am also looking for someone that makes or sells adapters so i can install 105/110 mm no rise stems on a sm attitude/adroit because klein never made those. In my dreams... i would like to have one 120m flatbar and two of those adapters. I also heard that someone made adapters so that you could install a 1 inch rascal mc1 into the 1 1/4 attitude/adroit headtube. I would like one of those also. Please ,please help if you know the info. Thanks a Whole bunch...jason

p.s I might have a MC1 stem that you want!!
I know a guy locally that has tons of Klein stuff. He bought out a lot of the stuff from when they got bought out by Trek. I can try and get in contact with him. I dont think he does too much internet communication. Carsten, if you read this, Ive lost Tim's info.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Fillet-brazed said:
I know a guy locally that has tons of Klein stuff. He bought out a lot of the stuff from when they got bought out by Trek. I can try and get in contact with him. I dont think he does too much internet communication. Carsten, if you read this, Ive lost Tim's info.
Hello fillet-brazed, yes i know Tim. I have bought from him.Tim has sold almost all of his klein stuff. He's sick mostly into race cars now. I have talked to carsten in the past and have pm recently. I was hoping carsten was the king of klein info. Was tim the king?

edit.. let me rephrase that. If anyone even knows somebody that knows a lot of older klein info...that would be of great help.

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,749 Posts
Get them made.

Just go to your local machine shop with your ideas for adapters and work with them to get something custom made. That will be the easiest solution. I have not heard of either of the pieces you are describing.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually Fillet, It was tim who had given me the info for those adapters. Its just that he never got specific with me because he was always just trying to sell me another bike. I would say that tim was my klein mentor. Tim had a mentor or two and i dont know who it was. I think one of them might have been carsten. I think cali is the mecca for kleins in the U.S . But the true freaks are out in germany and japan.

G

·

this is the adaptor/shim Tim once found on a bike he bought. pretty simple and not uncommon. the shims/reducers allow to use 1 1/8" and 1" quill stems on the MC1 forks and the adaptor allows to use an ahead stem. too many parts for my taste to be safe but it worked well from what i heard.

Carsten

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.