Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have formula oro brakes and can't seem to get my front brake to stop rubbing after I shortened the brake line and bleed the system. I pushed the pistons back in, and centered the caliper. They rub on both sides through the entire rotation. Will this go away after I get a few miles in? I know they are self-adjusting calipers, but it seems they don't release enough after braking to allow the rotor to spin freely. Does it need more fluid??

·
Registered
517 Posts
Rescue Me

musg8411 said:
I have formula oro brakes and can't seem to get my front brake to stop rubbing after I shortened the brake line and bleed the system. I pushed the pistons back in, and centered the caliper. They rub on both sides through the entire rotation. Will this go away after I get a few miles in? I know they are self-adjusting calipers, but it seems they don't release enough after braking to allow the rotor to spin freely. Does it need more fluid??
Actually, you need a good wrench to fix your problem or you have to go to the website and read the directions. Don't hesitate to get someone who knows what they are doing to set up your brakes.

Cheers,

Kane

P.S. I is always a good idea to buy beer for your mechanic. Drink a beer and watch him/her work on your brakes and you'll learn enough to fix your brakes next time.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Possible, did you get those pistons all the way retracted befor the bleed?

I had thought I did on one bleed, but turned out I could not get new pads in after the bleed. I had to let a little fluid out.

XSL_WiLL said:
Sounds like the system is overfilled to me.

Did it rub before you bled the brakes?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.