Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Never mind.............
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...I just got a sweet deal on an '04 Burner frame which I'm building up...Heres my problem- This is my first foray into full suspension,and I could use some help setting up the rear shock...Ok here goes...'04 Burner w/Swinger 3 way & a Fox Float RL 100mm up front. I weigh about 175#..maybe 185# with gear & water. I like to ride trails,don't race,and would like a nice ride without a lot of bobbing.I ride in CO,so theres alot of uphill riding and rocks! It is the Rockies,after all...I tried Manitou's website for some suggestions but got no help as of yet..So,here I am,coming to the good fellow owners of Turners for advice...Help! :confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Burner set up...

Hi I have the same bike with 3 Way shock, xr rockers, and a Fox Talas up front. I weigh about the same.... I run about 160 in the main air chamber of the shock, and about 110 in the SPV valve. The XR rocker requires a bit more air in the shock. I run about 20% sag, use the o-ring on the shock to set your sag. Then try 80 psi in the SPV valve and go up from there till you get a ride quality you like. Check the SPV valve about once a week. Set your rebound knob in the middle setting. If the rear of the bike rebounds too fast you can add more if needed. Make sure you get full travel, with the o-ring bottoming out 1-2 times when you take a big hit.
Good luck, you will love the bike!
Christian

·
Never mind.............
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Christian said:
Hi I have the same bike with 3 Way shock, xr rockers, and a Fox Talas up front. I weigh about the same.... I run about 160 in the main air chamber of the shock, and about 110 in the SPV valve. The XR rocker requires a bit more air in the shock. I run about 20% sag, use the o-ring on the shock to set your sag. Then try 80 psi in the SPV valve and go up from there till you get a ride quality you like. Check the SPV valve about once a week. Set your rebound knob in the middle setting. If the rear of the bike rebounds too fast you can add more if needed. Make sure you get full travel, with the o-ring bottoming out 1-2 times when you take a big hit.
Good luck, you will love the bike!
Christian
Thanks,Christian...that does help alot...peace & happy trail...........John :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.