Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I just bought my first MTB. I had a friend pick up my bike because I live hours from the closest Trek dealer. He happened to break the clear plastic piece on the left shifter when he brought it home. I can't find this piece anywhere online does anyone have any advice. For my cars and motorcycles I just find the microfiche on sites and order any part that is needed. Is this possible for bikes, specifically Trek?

Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle handlebar Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
It isn't specific to trek, it is specific to either shimano or sram (whoever manufacturers the shifter).

I believe you are going to have an extremely tough time finding just the indicator. Most likely you'll just have to get a new shifter. Better yet, that indicator doesn't do much of anything, just leave it as is and it won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It isn't specific to trek, it is specific to either shimano or sram (whoever manufacturers the shifter).

I believe you are going to have an extremely tough time finding just the indicator. Most likely you'll just have to get a new shifter. Better yet, that indicator doesn't do much of anything, just leave it as is and it won't hurt anything.
Thank you for the quick reply. This is my first bike and I spent (in my girlfriends eyes anyway) a good bit of money on it so wanted everything perfect. Or at least perfect until I crash it the first time I ride :cornut:

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.