Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have converted my geared bike to ss using a tensioner. I don't like the tensioner. I tried the eccentric BB route, but it has a standard BB shell and EBB won't fit. So I looked at eccentric hub. From what I've read, in order to adjust the ecc hub properly, you must use the special caliper mount. Since my brake bolts directly to frame without the mounting bracket, I guess that option is out too.

So, I guess I'm looking for a frame with horizontal dropouts. I don't care if it's alloy or carbon, but it must have a tapered head tube and be able to accept my 168 Q crankset for GXP. I'd like to keep the price under $500.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Get the on one inbred. I just built one a couple of months ago and love it. Us surly tuggnuts for tensioners not the on one branded ones.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have an ENO hub on my bike and I DO NOT use their eccentric mount. I use flat washers to space the caliper up as needed. I do have an I.S. Mount, so I use an Avid Adapter, mounted to Hope Brakes. The one option I have that you will not is I can use a 140MM mount and change the direction of chain tension, meaning instead of pushing down on the wheel to tension (which lowers the rear end), I pull up on the eccentric, which raises the center of the hub and raises the rear end. It is not much, but it gives me an option.

So if you love the frame, you can SS it with the ENO Hub. Let me know if you want to see any pictures.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies. Decided on a Jabberwocky. I looked at the On Ones, but couldn't find one with track ends that accepts a tapered fork, which is what I have. Those are some sweet deals though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You'll dig it, the jabber is one of my favorite 29ers! I'll also vouch for the ENO hub though, have 2 bikes set up with them and no complaints here...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts