Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In 1996 I was attending UNLV, Las Vegas IS a cool place to go to school. I purchased a used Mongoose bicycle for about 150.00 it was in bad shape but I managed to fix it up to pretty much new condition. It was a fairly lightweight bicycle, a hardtail with rock shox (can't remember which models) it had shimano deraileurs I remember being happy abput that. I REALLY REALLY enjoyed this ride. It was stolen off my porch (yes it was locked up) and I was able to get my insurance co to replace it Got a barracuda xt. Still miss the mongoose. I really would like to find a model of that old mongoose though.
It was a black frame bicyle with blue and yellow trim around the mongoose letters. I think it may have been a hill topper model but I really need some help in narrowing this down. I hope someone can help.

·
Penis Goat!
806 Posts
onedogtwodog said:
In 1996 I was attending UNLV, Las Vegas IS a cool place to go to school. I purchased a used Mongoose bicycle for about 150.00 it was in bad shape but I managed to fix it up to pretty much new condition. It was a fairly lightweight bicycle, a hardtail with rock shox (can't remember which models) it had shimano deraileurs I remember being happy abput that. I REALLY REALLY enjoyed this ride. It was stolen off my porch (yes it was locked up) and I was able to get my insurance co to replace it Got a barracuda xt. Still miss the mongoose. I really would like to find a model of that old mongoose though.
It was a black frame bicyle with blue and yellow trim around the mongoose letters. I think it may have been a hill topper model but I really need some help in narrowing this down. I hope someone can help.
I have an '84 Mongoose - not willing to sell, but I figure it might help you narrow down the type of bike. Did yours look anything like it? I've included a picture, and a link to my website with more pics.

http://www.geocities.com/girchygirchy/mongoose.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Maybe an IBOC? I used to have a Mongoose IBOC pro but was blue with yellow lettering I believe. Think I saw some black IBOC's on ebay recently

·
Village Dirtbag
2,284 Posts
I used to have a 93 IBOC team. Good, tough bike- my first REAL mtb. I'm going back to visit my parents in WA and looking forward to riding it again.

The IBOC's of that era are easily recognizable by the one-piece bent chain/seat stay and the triangular shaped top-tube.

·
Jamin, Applesause, No?
708 Posts
There were no such thing as a walmart mongoose in 1994. Not sure when mongoose went all walmart on us but it was after I was in college, so I am thinking the early 2000's. One of my favorite bike I ever had was a 1996 mongoose rockadile with a quadra 21r front shock and all stx-rc components. It looked awesome and was light as a feather. Sold it to a friend in college for $100, worst $100 I ever made.

·
TRANCER
2,780 Posts
Senor StrongBad said:
There were no such thing as a walmart mongoose in 1994. Not sure when mongoose went all walmart on us but it was after I was in college, so I am thinking the early 2000's. One of my favorite bike I ever had was a 1996 mongoose rockadile with a quadra 21r front shock and all stx-rc components. It looked awesome and was light as a feather. Sold it to a friend in college for $100, worst $100 I ever made.
Had a friend when i started riding that had one of those. Realy nice and light bike :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.