Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to feel a grinding feeling when I would pedal. Took chain off spun crank felt fine. Replaced rear derailleur pulleys. Still felt it. Replaced pf30 bb. Still feel it. I’ve clean the chain extremely well and the cassette and chain ring. It’s a 1x11 drivetrain. The chain ring is a race face direct mount with probably 1k miles and same for the rear sram cassette. Kmc chain has probably 600 miles. Am i over looking something? Also the hub and freewheel bearings have maybe 100-150 miles on them
Thanks in advance for any advice

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
Virtually impossible to diagnose something like this over the internet. Could be anything from a dirty chain to the chain rubbing on the derailleur cage. Sorry to be of so little help.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
I had to replace my aluminum chainring at around 500 miles due to grinding felt in the pedals after installing a new chain. I know others who have also had this experience.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven’t thought about the derailleur screws being off due to no issues shifting. I’ll try a new chainring and see if it helps. Definitely isn’t a dirty chain. Always soak it in a old crockpot to get all the grit and grime off. You can wipe your finger on it and get nothing off of it but maybe a little bit of lube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.