Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the tapered/chamfered shock washers on the V2 Offering go between the shock and the linkage or on the outside between the bolt head and the linkage.

Seems like they should go inside but they don’t seem to fit or they fall out when you try and slide the shock in place.

If you put them on the outside of the link, under the bolt then the links pinch the top of the shock when tightened making it impossible to turn the rebound knob on the Super Deluxe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
787 Posts
Do the tapered/chamfered shock washers on the V2 Offering go between the shock and the linkage or on the outside between the bolt head and the linkage.

Seems like they should go inside but they don't seem to fit or they fall out when you try and slide the shock in place.

If you put them on the outside of the link, under the bolt then the links pinch the top of the shock when tightened making it impossible to turn the rebound knob on the Super Deluxe.

Inside, pull the linkage apart a little as you slide the shock in. I also dab some grease on between them and the linkage to help hold them in place.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I figured it out and completed the ride.
I actually found it easier to do after I'd put the lower shock mount bolt through.
One less moving part to juggle while trying to hold the washers in place and slide the shock between the linkage plates.

Are those washers required on all shocks or just the Super Duper Deluxe Ultimate Supreme?

Going to be switching it out for my Push 11-6 here soon… which, I discovered, needs a shorter spacer than my Fugitive on the lower shock mount.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Are those washers required on all shocks or just the Super Duper Deluxe Ultimate Supreme?

Going to be switching it out for my Push 11-6 here soon… which, I discovered, needs a shorter spacer than my Fugitive on the lower shock mount.
The same conical washers are on my 11-6 but again that's a V1 and the older style shock as well.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The same conical washers are on my 11-6 but again that's a V1 and the older style shock as well.
Thanks Joe. My 11-6 is the old style but is trunnion mount on the top.

That lower spacer should just push out from the Super Deluxe so I could just use it on the 11/6 right? Didn't seem to want to budge last night.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Thanks Joe. My 11-6 is the old style but is trunnion mount on the top.

That lower spacer should just push out from the Super Deluxe so I could just use it on the 11/6 right? Didn't seem to want to budge last night.

Yeah same trunnion mount on the upper. On the lower, the reducers are 20x8mm. The gap in the lower shock mount on the V1 is 22.6mm. I presume it to be the same on the V2. With the V1 there is a small 2mm insert that sits in the shock mount that will make up for that difference. This insert goes in the side that the bolt goes in through.

Odd configuration but I guess it's all off center to account for boost, chainline or some other delta link design oddity.:unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.