Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was filiming on Sat. at a new place(pic), I was using Sony handycam with a Panasonic DVC mini DV. im no pro. but i need to find a FREE OR CHEAP video editor that i can use with the handycam. I Also have the cord to attach it with the computer. I took a vidoe class in school this year and used iMOvie, so is there something like that i can use?
Matt
pics took a cell so not to good sorry, theres more jumps but i cant get the pic, its a sweet 4 pack

Attachments

·
aka Jesse Palmer
857 Posts
sittingduck said:
That is the worst program ever. I have tried to use it several times over the years and it always ends up crashing over and over. :madman: The WMV format offers pretty good video compression however, as long as you dont use a too lossy setting.

Adobe Premiere works very nice, but pricey, and with a slightly steeper learning curve for the basics.

·
aka Jesse Palmer
857 Posts
paintballeerXC said:
its about 40 for it :mad:
Unfortunately there has always been a major lack of free or open source video editing software.
I would suggest the Photoshop/Premiere elements bundle for about $125 (You will find endless uses for photoshop, totally worth it)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
there is Movie Star by dazzle which should be cheap if not free. It is very easy to work with. WIndows movie maker is dooky but can get the job done. Also Pinnalce Studio 8 or 9 should be very cheap. I mainly use Adobe Premier but it's $$$

·
Registered
834 Posts
i suggest not getting pinnace.
i got it a while ago and had problems and i know someone else that has problems with it.
also, most of the reviews on it say they had trouble

·
paparazzi tee
339 Posts
i'd go onto limewire.
a -- uh -- friend i know
has downloaded finalcut from there
n its workin like a charm....
if you're on a pc i'm sure you can find something else there that'll work
for
freeeeeeeeeeeeee!

·
DIRTYAMERICAN
334 Posts
Dazzle Moviestar is pretty easy to use but basic. I used it for years but when I got a new computer it wouln't install due to the lack of "signature". So if you can get a new version I suppose you'd be OK as it would probably come with the "signature" to fully install it.

There are some pretty rad programs out there on Limewire like the other monkey said. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.