Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a rear damper fox float DRCV CTD of a trek remedy. I took it to repair because it did not block in climb mode and it lost oil in lever.
Yesterday they gave me the shock already repaired and I notice now that it is quite soft.
When I sit on the bike In Climb mode, 10mm SAG sinks with 180 psi of pressure (I weigh 75kg -165lbs) and in Descend mode 20mm SAG.

I Before in Climb mode I loaded the camera always with 160psi and when I site in the bike I did not have SAG and was very very hard, it did not sink anything.
The shock Still in warranty: The question is. Is this normal ?? I hope your answers thank you !!

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,791 Posts
It's hard to tell, only you would really know if the climb mode is working correctly. It shouldn't bob or use travel except on hard hits.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Damper settings don't affect sag. More damping will slow how fast the fork or shock moves and may affect where it settles due to friction. But when measuring sag, you should do some very small bounces to get it to settle near the equilibrium position before measuring it.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
A recently rebuilt shock can have quite a bit less stiction this will make it feel softer for any given air pressure.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I talked on the phone with the mechanic and he told me that in climb mode it is normal to have sag 10mm with my weight 165 lbs, if I want more hardness I put 200psi. I have commented that before with 160psi the shock absorber was much harder and He told me that it was because the seals were dry and now being lubricated that happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.