Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently running the stock SPD Roll X pro’s that came with my Stumpjumper FSR Expert Disk, and HATE this tire on the front. I run it at 20 lbs, and it still washes out in sandy corners. The rear is acceptable, but the front has to go.

I ride 95% single track on mostly root filled pine needle covered trails with a base of coral, hard packed sand, and loose sand. The roll X’s work fine on the hard pack, but wash out badly when the conditions start to dry out and sand gets loose. They also deflect off the roots if I go over 20 lbs pressure. Mud, downhill, or drops over 2 feet are rarely encountered where I ride (Orlando and Miami area). I want to keep my speed (low rolling resistance) but increase corning ability (loose conditions) and improve deflection off roots.

These are the tires I’m looking at so far:
Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1
Kenda Nevelal 2.1
Kenda Blue Groove 2.1 (maybe not so good for the sand?)
WTB Epic Wolf Team XC 2.1

I don’t race (yet), but like to act like it on the trail. Are these good choices for my conditions? If so, (or if not) what do you think might work best?

Thanks for your input!

PS Man, I love this bike! I"m glad I spent the extra cash to get this model with the fox fork, float shock, and disk brakes. Becides the tires (and paint chips), I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.