Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a road bike last week at a garage sale and I am trying to figure out about what year it is. It is a Nishiki Sport Series that is salmon pink and white with teal accents on the stickers and white handlebar tape It is a lugged steel frame that has a 4130 CroMo sticker on it. The rims are 27" Araya alloys with Sachs quick releases, handlebars say Champion, Diacompe brake levers and sidepull brakes, Sugino VP double crankset, Shimano Light Action deraillers and plastic Shimano SIS shifters mounted on the stem. It is a 12 or 14 speed - I am at work right now and can't remember. I realize this is a MTB forum - but some of you guys must be into road bikes too or at least point me in the right direction. I have searched online without any luck so I thought I would ask here. I think it must be late 80's with the color scheme?

I put some new tires and tubes on it and rode it 20 miles last night. It rides awesome and it seems to ride much quicker than any mtb I have ever owned - I rode 20.5 miles in 1 hour and wasn't all tired out. I wonder why I didn't try riding a road bike years ago? Anyway - thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
why don't you try the Road Bike Forum..might have better luck than here at the Mountain Bike Forum....and pictures would help too.

oops, didn't see you've been there...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.