Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,

I may need some help. I'm in New Zealand at the moment on a three week trip. The Flux is performing excellent. As I put it, a lightweight Spot for all day trail riding/exploring.

However, the frame is now creaking while climbing. I didn't bring those kinds of tools (Torx drivers, grease gun etc.) We're in Nelson now but headed down to Queenstown in the next two days. I'll be down there for a few days. Anyone have them tools and might be able to help me?

Thanks so much! I hope you're all having a great time out there.

g

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ACK!! Bummer. I'm not going through Rotorua again. Making my way south and I'll be at temporary addresses through out. Thanks jrm for the info though. Really appreciate it.

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,337 Posts
Going to make a note of that distributor for when I'm down there later this year!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2013 DW Spot. Had all the pivots pulled out and regreased but creaking still persisted. I re-greased the RD hanger and the creaking stopped...

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had the same problem with my 2013 DW Spot. Had all the pivots pulled out and regreased but creaking still persisted. I re-greased the RD hanger and the creaking stopped...
Well, I'll at least try this. I'm part way to Queenstown. Was hoping by some miracle there was someone or a shop there that could help me.

6th, where you riding when you come down here? Love it!!!

Thanks again for the leads.

·
My cup runneth over
2,411 Posts
If you don't have the tools to even pull of the hanger you can cludge a temp fix with a couple of drops of chain lube from the top of the hanger/frame. I have done this mid ride before and the lube works its way down as you ride.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Late this year, flights are booked and heavily in the planning stages at the moment on where to ride...stoked!
I'm in Queenstown now. Will try taking the hanger off and cleaning and lubing. 6th. PM me and I'll put you in touch with some locals here that seem to be roaring to ride. Super nice folk here. Puts us people from Hawaii to shame I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts