Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im new here so bare iwth me.I currently do 80%freeride and djing,10%downhill,5%urban,and 5% trail riding.I have a budget of about $1800 MAX. I would like to spend around $1400 to save room for some upgrades.I have 3 options.
Option1-Upgrade my hardrock comp
Option2-Just get a frame and transfer parts from my hardrock onto it, and buy new parts for the ones that dont fit.
Option3-Get a complete bike.

Now here are my choices for Options 2 and 3.

Option 2 Frames-
Banshee Morphine
Evil Imperial
Sinister Ridge
Yeti DJ
Cove Foreplay

Option 3 Complete Bikes-
Norco Manik
Specialized P.3
Haro Escape 8.3
Felt Striaght Shot
Kona Cowan
Canondale Chase

Thanks, Im also open to other suggestions.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i would go with option 2. cuz buying a comp bike just isnt the same as building up yur own. and the frame on yur current ride really isnt gunna cut it. so buy a frame and get some upgrades... my 2 cents.... but wut do i know

·
Registered
469 Posts
dude...

noopy said:
Hey guys, Im new here so bare iwth me.I currently do 80%freeride and djing,10%downhill,5%urban,and 5% trail riding.I have a budget of about $1800 MAX. I would like to spend around $1400 to save room for some upgrades.I have 3 options.
Option1-Upgrade my hardrock comp
Option2-Just get a frame and transfer parts from my hardrock onto it, and buy new parts for the ones that dont fit.
Option3-Get a complete bike.

Now here are my choices for Options 2 and 3.

Option 2 Frames-
Banshee Morphine
Evil Imperial
Sinister Ridge
Yeti DJ
Cove Foreplay

Option 3 Complete Bikes-
Norco Manik
Specialized P.3
Haro Escape 8.3
Felt Striaght Shot
Kona Cowan
Canondale Chase

Thanks, Im also open to other suggestions.
...buy my bike...its a freakin steal at this price...

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116249

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
when i started looking for my first bike, alot of people said this and it actaully is a good idea. spend a good amount of money on frame and fork and the main parts. then the cheaper less important just buy them used so if they brake u didnt loose much and u can buy better ones over time. otherwise id go with the banshee morphine that bike is soo sweet

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is the azonic eliminator or transition dirtbag any good?and bikehell.com has banshee screams right now for 1300 with a 5th element.should i jump on it?then buy a boxxer team or uturn and just transfer the parts from my bike right now and then slowly upgrade?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.