Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mobster
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to move out of my Trek 6000 hardtail and onto a full suspension. I have been looking at some pre-built bikes, but currently do not have the money to spend at one time. So Im looking to get a nice frame/shock for now.

Ive been really interested in the Santa Cruz Blur classic for some reason, but never ridden it. I pretty much would like a lightweight bike that climbs! My limit for the frame/shock would be 600-900 max. I wouldn't mind buying used to save me some money. Would prefer the Fox Float R, or RP23. I mainly do fire roads and singletrack. If I missed something let me know.

Im open to all frame, but the lighter the better.

·
Mobster
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasnt going to swap the components. I was going to continue riding the HT till I bought everything for the full suspension.

A couple of my friends just upgraded to full suspension, fuel ex8 and ex7. I dont have all the money to drop for a full bike and I'd like to build it myself. Once I rode the ex8 I was pretty much sold on it. Rode it through one of our normal single tracks I fell it LOVE! its so nice on the downhill. Im just jealous I guess. Im not selling the HT so I can have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
if your components arent broken, you can very easily swap them over to the new frame. its not hard, might take you a couple hours your first time.. maybe a couple more while riding to adjust and finalize everything. its not a huge deal, saves you a lot of cash too.

try a giant.. i fell in love with the trances after riding them.. i love santa cruzes too, but the price on them is pretty steep.

·
Mobster
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tomsmoto said:
if your components arent broken, you can very easily swap them over to the new frame. its not hard, might take you a couple hours your first time.. maybe a couple more while riding to adjust and finalize everything. its not a huge deal, saves you a lot of cash too.

try a giant.. i fell in love with the trances after riding them.. i love santa cruzes too, but the price on them is pretty steep.
Yeah they are. Thats why I was looking at a 2005 Blur, usually around 900. Going to my LBS when it gets cooler to check out the trance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.