Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new ride has just been built up and I am not going to have a moment to ride it before a race tomorrow AM. Likewise, I have no time to mess around with dialing my sag with family duties/work etc. Online, they have the set-up guide pressures for the Monarch shock, but nothing for the RP23. I need a quick guideline of psi versus riding weight, so I can at least get it close for the AM. I saw a few RP23's in the setup thread, but no real mention of pressures...

On my Yeti's I was dialing them up around 15lbs less than body weight, but I hear the Blur needs more pressure to compensate for the leverage...

Thanks!

·
Heart Plumber
335 Posts
Adjust the pressure until 20-25% of sag travel is reached. Pump air in 5 psi intervals. Start with 100 or so. No brainer. In fact is the method fox recommend for sag adjustment. Two riders with same weight and different bike configuration can have different shock pressures, 100 or 120 mms forks, seat post extension, saddle adjustment, etc, change weight distribution and so different shock pressures are required.

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sag

JDO said:
Adjust the pressure until 20-25% of sag travel is reached. Pump air in 5 psi intervals. Start with 100 or so. No brainer. In fact is the method fox recommend for sag adjustment. Two riders with same weight and different bike configuration can have different shock pressures, 100 or 120 mms forks, seat post extension, saddle adjustment, etc, change weight distribution and so different shock pressures are required.
Thanks,

Unfortunately, I am going to have no time available to set sag. I won't have it in my possession until a few minutes before race time. I am looking for a close guideline to tell the individual with my bike how much air to put in. This is far from ideal....but it's the cards I've been dealt....

I'm excited about the new bike, but the circumstances could certianly have been better for this race.

·
Heart Plumber
335 Posts
used2Bhard said:
Thanks,

Unfortunately, I am going to have no time available to set sag. I won't have it in my possession until a few minutes before race time. I am looking for a close guideline to tell the individual with my bike how much air to put in. This is far from ideal....but it's the cards I've been dealt....

I'm excited about the new bike, but the circumstances could certianly have been better for this race.
well, the BLTc suggest the same pressure for the Monarc and the RP23. I think that you wouldn´t be too far for the right pressure is you try the Monarc pressure guide in the set up of the RP23 for the BXCc

·
Registered
245 Posts
Try your weight for the shock. R u running the Reba team? I weigh 165 but only run bout 80+\ 100- I ride very light on the front.
What tires? Mine came w kenda 8's. I just swapped em 4 mt king black chili and whoally crap it is an amazing bike now

good luck at the race
Steve

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
!

I ended up guessing 10 lbs more than my weight based upon the LTc comment above. It was dead on. Today I had time to check sag and it was right on the money. Thanks for the above replies everyone!

The bike was phenominal! What a joy to ride a bike for the first time...during a race...and feel so comfortable on it that it's as if I've owned it for years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts