Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2021 Orange Crush pro with 203F and 180R disks. I’ve ordered new Hope Tech 3 E4 brakes and am confused if I need new caliper mounts.
anyone have any ideas please ?

·
Registered
546 Posts
It's difficult to say. In theory you shouldn't need new adaptors. Sorry I've never tried myself so don't know for certain.

One reason you might need Hope mounts is the shape of the bottom of the Hope calipers being slightly different, contacting the connecting bar/Bridge of the Shimano adaptors and not sitting fully on the ends when the bolts are tightened.

I can only guess they could work but not all adaptors work with all calipers. One or the other, both or neither of the two types of Shimano adaptors you have may work.

I've read sometimes adaptors can fit by filing a bit off where the calipers are contacting the bridge section. Probably worth a try when you get your brakes or hopefully someone else who has tried to fit the same combination would be able to tell you for sure?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quick update, I may be in luck partially. The rear caliper seems to fit fine. I’ve ordered a new mount for the front as the pads on the new front caliper were fouling the mount. I could get away with filing a little away but I’ve ordered a Hope front mount which I hope I’ve chosen correctly. So we’ll see how we get on when it arrives.
Thanks for the reply also 👍

·
Registered
546 Posts
Oh wow, that looks nicee!!😎🤘 I've got an Orange Clockwork and just had to treat myself to some Hope wheels, it's a great match of brands imho. Thanks for the update, hope all works out well, enjoy Buddy!👍

1 - 7 of 7 Posts