Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ridding a freeride Schwinn straight 6 for 6 years now. In fact I only use it for DH at Keystone Colorado.
We just bought a Ironhorse Yakuza Kumicho for my son and try it for the first time last week end. Holly sh... I understand now why it was so dam difficult to keep up with thise guys with DH bike. Trying to keep up with my son what should happen happened I fell and pretty bad I won't go on any bike for at least 10 days.
Then following this I will sale my bike and buy a real DH bike they are much safer going down.

What should I buy? they are so many brand and deal that I'm lost.
i like the Yakuza but the Stance schock really sucks.. after 3 runs at keystone the seals are already gone.
my budget is max $2000

thanks for the advice

·
Shop *****
943 Posts
Look at the Kumicho Type R on Amazon.. Surprizingly, its from Performance, but not listed on the Performance website. Also, RS Cycles has some good deals too.

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
I'll 3rd that, rscycles has AWESOME deals and for $975 you can get a Yakuza Kumicho too. Too bad they're out of 7.5's though.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
since you are just starting out and don't know what bike you really want or what you like.....I would say buy a used bike...that way you can try it out and you won't have buyers remorse....and in about 6 months to a year you can pretty much sell it for the same price....but at that time you might know more what you would really like,..I wouldn't spend more then 1200 on this new type of bike you will be riding....it would be a waste to spend 2 G's

Oh yeah....welcome to the forum

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did some research and following my son experience I bought a Yakuza Kumicho 06 for 1300 at Performance bicycle.
They had other bikes as Rocky mountain but for the same equipment you have to spend
twice as much.
I think this is gonna be enough for me.

Talking to the guys overthere they told me that the Manitou Stance on my bike son should be repalced under waranty for a Manitou

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.