Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody! I just got a new anodized gold med asr alloy 2008 and I would like to know what size seatpost I have. The 27.2 mm seems small when I tried it. Full cycles says its 27.2 mm on their website. The Yeti cycles website does not show the dimension of the seatpost. Any help would be appreciated! Getting ready to assemble this bike. Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
confusing for those who don't know any better

rubystreet said:
If you go to "our rides"...."ASR-Alloy"... "specs" you'll find what you're after!
I know it it's 30.9 but on that site it's state two different info. The 31.9 is typo since they don't even make that size.

Correction - Sorry, it's not a typo since it spec the seat tube rather than the seatpost. Sorry! Carry on

Attachments

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
actually, I think the 31.9mm seat tube is a typo - first because 31.8 (actually 1-1/4" or 31.75mm) is the common tube size, second the post size is the ID of the tube, and 1mm difference... that would be an unusually thin tube.

And more substantially, it takes a 34.9mm derailleur clamp - which I'd bet is the actual seat tube size.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hmmm...

30.9 is actually the OD of the seat post. (I just measured)

That would make 31.9 the correctly printed ID for the seat tube (approx. 1mm bigger to slide the post in easily)

OD of seat tube roughly 34.9, therefore 34.9 or 35.0 seat clamp (ID)

cheers.

EDIT... Maybe we're saying the same thing here... I need a beer!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Guys I just bought a 30.9 mm seatpost for the ASR and its a perfect fit. I think the 31.8 mm size is for the seat tube measurement. Still kinda confusing the way they wrote it in their website.

My build kit is completed and will start assembling the bike today. Pics will be taken when its done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.