Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an all aluminum mini pump for my MTB (car valve). I only accept rubber O-rings :D.
Does anyone know of such pumps and could share some information on durability etc etc?

Reason: I have had too many problems with regular mini pumps because all the plastic parts seem to break somehow.

....But.....If somebody uses a bomb proof pump.....I would really like to know :p

lucas

·
uofabill
213 Posts
My $.02

I've got a Blackburn Mammoth Mtn. that I've had for years and it's the best I've ever tried.
It has an aluminum barrel and shaft, it has an O-ring on the plunger. It does have a plastic/composite head and handle. The handle rotates making a "T" which helps alot. It will work on either Shrader valves, that you have, or presta. It is also rebuildable, if you can find the kit. It has a pretty big barrel so it will pump up a tire as well and any mini pump I have tried or seen. I try to find spare parts for mine because I plan on keeping it as long as I can keep it going. IMHO it's the best!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny...............

Funny............I have had the exact same pump. I think i used it about 20 times before it just didn't work anymore. I lubed the barrel etc etc but nothing worked. Eventually I bought another pump which failed too.

lucas

·
Registered
962 Posts
Topeak

I purchased a Topeak for about 20 bucks, ride through all kinds of glass and such, screwed right under my bottle cage, and is always there when I need it. Has a T handle what folds back to "non-T?" and does not take much effort to get a 26x2.3 tire up to 40psi. Also has an "o-ring" and works with both valve types.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.