Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... well part time anyway. I'm keeping my HH100x but I think I want to pick up a 6-7" Agreesive Trail/Freeride bike for those days when I want to go big and gnarly.

Which of these used bikes would you suggest. I'd still like to pedal up generally but realize none of these are going to climb like my HH. If one of these bikes belong to you, feel free to sell me on its merits.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin...anguage=&session_key=&print_checklist_view=on

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
KRob said:
Ok... well part time anyway. I'm keeping my HH100x but I think I want to pick up a 6-7" Agreesive Trail/Freeride bike for those days when I want to go big and gnarly.

Which of these used bikes would you suggest. I'd still like to pedal up generally but realize none of these are going to climb like my HH. If one of these bikes belong to you, feel free to sell me on its merits.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin...anguage=&session_key=&print_checklist_view=on
Not getting anything dork. We can't see your checklist.

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
TheSherpa said:
Not getting anything dork. We can't see your checklist.
Haha ... I didn't get the 'dork' comment until I read Krob's avatar!!

Kn.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
"Dark Side", so is this the term mtn biking is known by in the road biking/xc worlds? I've heard it used as a derogatory term to to describe it before, I thought it was just the guy I was talking to until someone else used it too & I asked if he rode road bikes, he said "yes".

Dark Side....hhhmmmm, there is alot of attitude in the mtn. bike forums, internet in general I guess, but that attitude is not present on the trails. However I have felt the attitude from the road bikers when they "have to" get around us. Easy to choose the Dark Side over that.

O yeah, aggressive trail/freeriding bike? Get one of these. You can be as aggressive & freerider like as you wanna be.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
KRob said:

i have a joker that is a trail/freeride bike with 7 inches of travel front and rear and is pretty light.

Attachments

·
:\ ping of death
1,092 Posts
KRob, you been reading my mind again? :p Im considering one of these for my next FR/AM ride:

Intense 5.5
SantaCruz Heckler
Kona Coiler

I know these arent classified as DH 7 inchers but itll work for me. Good luck!

·
Registered
159 Posts
if you want a bike that pedals great for trail/freeride
IMO the best bike will be a giant faith.
i bought one about 2 weeks ago, and was a little skeptical about it, the dealer told me it pedals great and its and awesome bike, but i thought they were just saying that to sell it, until i rode it... that thing is awesome..
i wanted a trek session but it was more $$$ and take a lot longer to deliver :(

it has 8" rear traver, pedals great, and IMO handles great. some people dont like the way the frame looks but i dont care, looks come in last to me..
the only complaint i have, the headtube is not a 1.5" so i cant put a sherman in it :(
other than that i love that damn thing..

Giant Faith line

·
not really a noob
3,510 Posts
Manic said:
if you want a bike that pedals great for trail/freeride
IMO the best bike will be a giant faith.
i bought one about 2 weeks ago, and was a little skeptical about it, the dealer told me it pedals great and its and awesome bike, but i thought they were just saying that to sell it, until i rode it... that thing is awesome..
i wanted a trek session but it was more $$$ and take a lot longer to deliver :(

it has 8" rear traver, pedals great, and IMO handles great. some people dont like the way the frame looks but i dont care, looks come in last to me..
the only complaint i have, the headtube is not a 1.5" so i cant put a sherman in it :(
other than that i love that damn thing..

Giant Faith line
post pics of yours!

·
Registered
172 Posts
welcome to hell...

Your choice to join us lake-of-fire swimming,brimstone eating,pitchfork and pointed tail sporting freeriders is the right move.I say ditch the lycra and sub 25 lb. bike alltogether and enjoy the Dark Side.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.