Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broke my Fox RC today and need to know the eye to eye length. I have a DBR XTS Moto.

Thanks

And I was really Just Riding Along.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
I gonna help your soul senior...
Send me your address and I will send you a free measure tape...

:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

However, since the piston shaft broke where it is threaded into the base, and the piston shaft is up inside the main body of the shock, I really can't measure the length of the shock because it is in three separate pieces. Please let me know what your next idea is OK; I will be waiting with anticipation.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am pretty sure.....

it is 6.5x1.5 But also post your question in the Diamond Back-Raliegh forum. You will probably get the answer there also.
BSN_mt said:
Broke my Fox RC today and need to know the eye to eye length. I have a DBR XTS Moto.

Thanks

And I was really Just Riding Along.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
KNine said:
it is 6.5x1.5 But also post your question in the Diamond Back-Raliegh forum. You will probably get the answer there also.
NO man...
How can you be sure of that.. did you ever saw that bike....!!!?
Must be at least 8 e to e.

Attachments

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
BSN_mt said:
However, since the piston shaft broke where it is threaded into the base, and the piston shaft is up inside the main body of the shock, I really can't measure the length of the shock because it is in three separate pieces. Please let me know what your next idea is OK; I will be waiting with anticipation.
HAHAHA. I was thinking this was probably the case as I was reading his response. Sometimes postwhoring can cause you to pull the trigger a little too fast. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I stand corrected.....

I was wrong. Never thought DBR would ever put a long stroke on one of there bikes.But anyways. According to the fox shox website your shock should be 7.875x2. My bad.
VIA said:
NO man...
How can you be sure of that.. did you ever saw that bike....!!!?
Must be at least 8 e to e.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
KNine said:
I was wrong. Never thought DBR would ever put a long stroke on one of there bikes.But anyways. According to the fox shox website your shock should be 7.875x2. My bad.
If that info is right go for a 8" X 2.25 and get some extra travel out of that frame...

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
VIA said:
If that info is right go for a 8" X 2.25 and get some extra travel out of that frame...
7.8 x 2.25 would be the choice upgrade, providing your frame/wheel wouldn't kill anything on bottom out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I gave it to the LBS.

I told them that I wanted to keep riding and they said they could probably hook me up with a Swinger 4-way as a loner, which would make me very happy. They were pretty sure that FOX would just fix it since it was strickly a materials problem, so that will be nice also. With luck I will have it back in a week or so. And since I was contempating getting a swinger 4-way before, this will give me a good chance to see how much I like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts