Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
undefined
Hey everyone im kinda new to the MTB scene, as my buddy and I just decided to start getting more into the sport. I've always loved riding bikes, and am currently thinkin about purchasing my first "real" bike. I recently saw a Brodie Brat at my local shop for 699 Canadian, with lifetime free service at the shop, and i thought it might be a good deal. IF anyone could tell me any important information on this bike etc, it would be greatly appreciated! Im really not thinking about doing any serious downhill or dropoff's and think that im probably going to be riding a trail every so often, and perhaps even biking to school, so is it ok to use that kind of bike on just regular pavement?? I think it is a pretty versatile bike that i could use to commute and take with me to the trails. If you guys had any other bike suggestions within around 600-700 dolalrs, as i am a noob and not relaly looking to spend TOO much money as I am not really a hardcore rider, it would be very very helpful. Thnx everyone!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not sure how Guru defines good.???

My first real mountain bike was a 96 Trek 930 Rock Shox about $750, low end shimano, low end Rock Shox, rode it on all the singletrack in Colorado for about seven years.

What you can get now for $6-700 is so much more than Trek 930, you will get an awesome bike and be able to ride just about anything, certainly the trails and riding you describe.

My advice is go for steel, much more comfortable ride. My Trek 930 was steel and my wife's Trek 6400 is aluminum, much harsher ride. I just built up a Jamis Dakota frame, sweet steel, for about $800-$900

Be careful, it is addictive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.