Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding for the past 9months and the bug to upgrade got me. I own a trek 4300 I believe a 03/04 yr model not sure. I wanted discbrakes but found out is more $$$ than its worth. My question is how to upgrade to 9speed, upgrade Rear Derailleur better shifting overall better performance.

PS. question for you pro´s here, whats your opinion on the Motobecane MTB on sale by sptymama on ebay??

·
EDR
10,599 Posts
Victor101 said:
I have been riding for the past 9months and the bug to upgrade got me. I own a trek 4300 I believe a 03/04 yr model not sure. I wanted discbrakes but found out is more $$$ than its worth. My question is how to upgrade to 9speed, upgrade Rear Derailleur better shifting overall better performance.

PS. question for you pro´s here, whats your opinion on the Motobecane MTB on sale by sptymama on ebay??
I don't see any reason to go to 9sp. If my bike was an 8sp I'd be perfectly happy...better shifting, less fuss. If your cassette has a 28 tooth max or something like that then that might be a problem...on steep climbs anyway. As far as rear der. goes, what do you have now and why is it not performing. I had a trek 4900 so I'm guessing you have Deore level components, those are fine but an xt is a worthy upgrade (with shifters). Still, if it works fine use it till it breaks.

you need to post a link to that Motobecane......we are too lazy to go searching for it on Ebay.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I was considering a Motobecane and did a bunch of searching, it seems people like the bikes, the main complaint was about customer service from Bikesdirect (Motobecane) people had good things to say about the Ebay store Sprtymama though.

I cant find the exact threads now but I am not very good at searching, you would be better off doing it yourself, many many threads on the subject here.

regards
Ray

Victor101 said:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.