Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only been riding a few times so far but I used to ride BMX so I'm not having any problems riding advanced trails, I'm just not up to snuff for expert level trails yet. I ride pretty aggressively, I love taking winding turns with as much speed as I can. The tires I have now came stock on my Trek 4300, they're Bontrager LT-3, 26x2.0". The tread isn't very wide and if I take a sharp turn to fast the bike slides out from under me. I have the bruises to prove it.

I need a tire that will let me ride fast and take turns like crazy. Any recommendations?
The conditions here range from muddy to hardpack to loose sand but mostly hardpack

Weirwolfs are buy 1 get 1 free over at blueskycycling but they are the race model. I honestly don't know the difference between the different models? Please help a total noob out

·
Registered
284 Posts
No, the race version is a good tire, the 2.1 RACE weighs 700g and has an aramid bead with the dna rubber compound and has a lightweight casing. compared to the comp it is a better tire. I am riding a comp now, just because I wanted to check the tread out, and I am happy with it. I am using a continental mtn king up front but will be going to weirwolfs up front and back on my next set of tires.

http://www.wtb.com/products/tires/allmountain/weirwolf2/

Buy 1 get 1 on the race weirwolfs are a good deal, just make sure theyre the 2010 model. They added a tread to the new ones that makes cornering easier.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Minion DHF's are the best cornering tire I have tried to date. Tires I have ridden in the past couple of years include:

Nevegals
Excavators
El Moco
Big Betty
Fat Albert (new version)
Timberwolf
Weirwolf (older verson)
Mutanos
Blue Groove
Minion DHF/DHR
Rampage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts