Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I haven't biked in 4-5 years because of knee injuries. Was told I could never bike again. Threw out MBAction and cancelled subscriptions. Had a wonderful knee surgery and just bought an awesome bike.

Now I need a tubeless wheelset. When I stopped reading the mags, Stans Notubes were all the rage. UST wheelsets were 800+.

What do I do? Convert my wheelset into a tubeless set via Stan's notubes? I don't want to spend more than 350 on a UST wheelset. I don't care about weight, I care about durability. I am a big fan of Sun RhynoLite rims.

Any suggestions?

·
MTB Addict
830 Posts
You could have a UST wheelset built within your budget if you look around. I would personally go UST if you want tubeless, as despite the lack of weight savings, it is (in theory) the most reliable setup.

·
Single(Pivot)and Happy
1,778 Posts
Comptiger is correct about UST being the most reliable. You may want to check the classifieds on this site or eBay.

·
Single(Pivot)and Happy
1,778 Posts
I rode Ghetto Tubeless for a while, and although I never had an issue (Bead pop, leaks, etc.), I didn't feel 100% confident with the GT system. I then purchased Maxxis tubeless rim strips ($5.00) and made my own homebrew sealant and rode this system with no issues, and 100% confidence. I'm now rolling UST.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.