Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i teach spinning 5-7 times a week...and i'm getting really SICK of my music :rolleyes: ...so i need some ideas...

here's the deal:
need faster stuff for flats - 80-110rpm cadence
slower stuff for hills - 60-80rpm cadence

only catch...no swearing/offensive stuff...

so give me a list of stuff you listen to when you work out, or stuff you play in the car, etc, that you wouldn't mind hearing in a spinning class. :)

THANKS homies! :D:)

·
1,316 Posts
Harry,
Snow Patrol might work, Ive been listening to it when running lately - (Final Straw, not new one, Eyes Open is too slow) Bravery, Franz Ferdinand maybe.

Been on bit of a British/Scottish kick lately.

·
It's a Turner!
530 Posts
Any kind of music? What about DJ stuff? Check out the free podcasts on iTunes. Seach for Transitions with John Digweed and the DJ Sasha podcast. See if that fits the bill.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
CDtofer said:
Harry,
Snow Patrol might work, Ive been listening to it when running lately - (Final Straw, not new one, Eyes Open is too slow) Bravery, Franz Ferdinand maybe.

Been on bit of a British/Scottish kick lately.
If you fancy British/Irish here are a few-

Faster Tempo: Franz Ferdinand-Take me out, Artcic Monkeys - I bet you look good on the dancefloor, Pulp-Common People, Stone Roses-she bangs the drum, Radiohead-the bends, supergrass-alright, Republica-Ready to Go, Oasis-Rock&Roll Star, Blur-charmless man, U2 New Years Day, coldplay-yellow, Keane-somewhere only we know, Julian Cope-world shut your mouth, Stereophonics-have a nice day, embrace-ashes, the las's-there she goes, Garbage-stupid girl

slower: Travis-sing, Oasis-champagne supernova or wonderwall , robbie williams-angels, radiohead-fake plastic trees, verve-lucky man, massive attack-unfinished symphony

·
Nothing here
757 Posts
Faster stuff
RacerX-King of the Monsters
Metallica-Master of Puppets
Buckcherry-Ridin
Pantera-Cowboys From Hell
Pantera-Mouth For War

Slower stuff
Sublime-Caress me down
Sublime-Santeria
Def Leppard-Hysteria

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
4'33", by John Cage . . . . :)

Seriously, for the faster stuff, I reccommend "Tour de France" by KraftWerk--the album is now available on iTunes, lots of good faster Techno. Techno/Electronic might be your ticket for the faster stuff, though It gets to be a bit much if you listen to it a lot, and is an aquired taste, like vegamite. There are also good podcasts as mentioned by SB. I'll look through my massive collection ans see what I can come up with.

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
these are great! keep 'em coming! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

SBA - dj stuff works too...and is downloading now! :thumbsup:

bz...it's harder than you'd think...so give your instructor a break...and maybe slip her/him a cd! :D

you boys are gonna make me the coolest spinning instructor on the block! :D:cool:

ETA:
coma13 said:
Aqua - Barbie Girl
:lol: i've played this in class...makes people giggle like crazy! :D

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Slip em a CD eh? Somehow I don't think DMX will go over big.:D

Yeah I realize music is too subjective to please everyone I never gripe in class.
I used to love Spin, but now they turn all the lights off, draw all the shades and have stoopid blacklights... I don't like spinning in a dark room. Feels like a basement.

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bikezilla said:
I used to love Spin, but now they turn all the lights off, draw all the shades and have stoopid blacklights... I don't like spinning in a dark room. Feels like a basement.
huh...99.9% of my participants like the lights down...so i keep em low...but still enough light for people to see their HRMs...unless of course it's 6am...then the lights are ON...b/c the participants are still half asleep! :D

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Yep most folks seem to like the low lights, so I don't gripe about that either.
I prefer to keep an eye on my form in the mirror, look out the window, pretend I'm in a pelleton or whatever makes me feel more like I'm riding.:p

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Bikezilla said:
Yep most folks seem to like the low lights, so I don't gripe about that either.
I prefer to keep an eye on my form in the mirror, look out the window, pretend I'm in a pelleton or whatever makes me feel more like I'm riding.:p
i just sit behind the best looking woman in the class....

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.