Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!!

Did not know where to post... hope this is OK. I am looking for a bit of help here. Have been searching for a frame for my girl for 4 months now and just can not get anything at a price I can afford (the downside to college).
Would somebody be willing to go over to Culver City and buy a frame for me, then send it via UPS cash on delivery to Arizona? Here is a similar thread:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=192763

Only difference is, that I would like the Giant Trance 2 Frame in 14,5 inches.

http://wheelworld.com/itemdetails.cfm?catalogId=39&id=4627

The frame costs 350$. Shipping via UPS with COD costs about 18 bucks for slowest service if I got the info on the UPS site correclty. I would pay 430$ for the COD package... assuming I got the shipping charges right, that is 62$ for running over to Wheel World and the UPS station. I know there is the obvious risk involved that I would not take the package... I can only say it will not happen.

In the thread mentioned above it said to just give a call first so they get the bike ready. Saves a trip...

Would be really nice if somebody could help me out here. Need a full suspension for her to avoid things like this: ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Wow, never knew that full suspension bikes stopped flats :skep:

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Yup, I see :skep: nothing to do with tyres pressures or hard/cased landing right :skep: I mean all those other fools who ride HT's doing that stuff are just lucky :rolleyes: Looks like a fun obstacle though :thumbsup:
asnowboards1 said:
This picture was 3 minutes earlier... was no problem with my KHS, but the Hardtail seemed to get a snakbite on the landing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually I was riding with 55 PSI with a 2.3 Continental Gravity ProTection, so it was not too little tire pressure... just was a bit unlucky on hitting a rock on the landing. Truthfully, I was a bit surprised about the snakebite since the landing is nice and steep (on the dirt, not the wood). I have also ridden a lot of other similar stuff without getting a snakebite on my Hardtail. The first picture is just one, not so seriously meant, example why I want to get the full suspension frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dang, forgot that. Had always ordered from Scottsdale, so I did not have to pay the taxes. How much is it in CA? Thx for the notice

·
Pro Crastinator
11,633 Posts
i've purchased several bikes from wheel world and had them shipped to the owner. wheel world takes care of all the shipping. if you need a local to go into the store for you, you know how to easily reach me....

no COD though...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,

Thought I should ad this about the cod... maybe giving another possibility.
The reason I really want COD is that I got ripped off big time once over something like this, and that was a very expensive and frustrating experience. I do not want to risk that again, even if that means I don't get a frame.
To me it is a kind of risk-balancing. If I would not pay for the package, it would be sent back to the person that shipped it. The financial damage would be the cost of the shipping. If I transferred the complete amount and the person did not ship (sorry for the mistrust but it happened once - never again) I get out with nothing. On E-Bay I don't care because of the legal backing of E-Bay, but on the private sector: COD.

@ .WestCoastHucker: This is kind of a middle way, but how about I transfer the shipping costs to you first. Would that be OK?

·
Master of None
1,462 Posts
.WestCoastHucker. said:
i've purchased several bikes from wheel world and had them shipped to the owner. wheel world takes care of all the shipping. if you need a local to go into the store for you, you know how to easily reach me....

no COD though...
WestCoastHucker just got me the same frame from WheelWorld and had it shipped to me, he's totally a stand up guy. I actually forwarded this thread to him so he could make a few more bucks if he wanted to.

It's really a nice frame, I built it up for the girlfriend and it turned out great. The paint looks awesome. It does not come with a shock guard but I made one from some clear plastic. The rear cable routing is weird because it is an xsmall frame but it is ok. It also comes with the integrated headset so that is good. The shock is a RP3. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

·
Pro Crastinator
11,633 Posts
presslab said:
WestCoastHucker just got me the same frame from WheelWorld and had it shipped to me...
i can also give you the names of about 5 other people on these forums (that i know as much as i know you) that i also purchased frames for, that can alleviate your fear if you really want the frame....

PM me if you're interested, otherwise, peace out. i'm done in this thread....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts