Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by telling you guys I have 3 YETIS. A TI ARC, a 2002 ARC, and an old Pro Fro. I love the hardtails. I won't ride anything else in that category. For a FS bike, I had an Ellsworth ID that I absolutely loved. I am looking for a full suspension bike- getting old and creaky. I am going to either get an old ID, or a newer 575. I know you are probably biased towards YETI-as am I, but why would I get a 575 in your mind? I have not ridden one- only sat on one in the shop. I liked it! Any thoughts? Thanks for your help. I am going to do something tomorrow. ASR thoughts as well...

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
otisisadog said:
Let me start by telling you guys I have 3 YETIS. A TI ARC, a 2002 ARC, and an old Pro Fro. I love the hardtails. I won't ride anything else in that category. For a FS bike, I had an Ellsworth ID that I absolutely loved. I am looking for a full suspension bike- getting old and creaky. I am going to either get an old ID, or a newer 575. I know you are probably biased towards YETI-as am I, but why would I get a 575 in your mind? I have not ridden one- only sat on one in the shop. I liked it! Any thoughts? Thanks for your help. I am going to do something tomorrow. ASR thoughts as well...
What type of riding are you going be doing with this bike? how much do you weigh? How high do you like to jump? What is your target weight for this new bike?

The ID was a nice frame, ya i said was. It was discontinued for a reason, it had bad standover height for a trail bike, it was too delicate for a 6" travel bike, and only 5" in its light air shock setup . If you looking at ellsworths you should consider the epiphany or moment.

The 575 has a slacker head angle than ellsworths and a falling rate rear which gives it a different feel. A test ride will tell you more if you like it or not.

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
I second Ratt's opinion that if you want an Ellsworth I would look at the current models. however since you already had one.. you know how it handles and maybe you like a tall BB.

On the other hand the 575 is great frame at a great price, it can be built fairly light or burly and perform well in both "styles"

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
Heres a couple of thoughts for you in vote on the Yeti.
Service
5 year warranty

On top of being an excellent bike with an outstanding ride (575), the service you get from Yeti is beyond outstanding. Read my past posts and see what I mean. I have been contacted by the CEO of Yeti in response to an issue I was having that I posted on this forum. I did NOT contact them. They read the forum and contacted me. And you might think, sure that's what one might expect if the problem was with some "Yeti" component. But it was not. It was with the brakes which are Avid.

Lately I have also been contacted again by Yeti in response to my squeak issue that I have posted about offering to help. How many businesses do you know of that will contact the customer before the customer even calls them and offer their service? I know of only ONE! Yeti..!!

Buy a 575 and with the money you save from not buying the ellsworth, take a nice vacation.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a similar incident wher Yeti called me back and went way beyond what they needed to do with regards to my TI ARC. They have me as a customer for life. I am now deciding between a 575, and an ASR. Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
iviguy said:
Service
5 year warranty

On top of being an excellent bike with an outstanding ride (575), the service you get from Yeti is beyond outstanding. Read my past posts and see what I mean. I have been contacted by the CEO of Yeti in response to an issue I was having that I posted on this forum. I did NOT contact them. They read the forum and contacted me. And you might think, sure that's what one might expect if the problem was with some "Yeti" component. But it was not. It was with the brakes which are Avid.

Lately I have also been contacted again by Yeti in response to my squeak issue that I have posted about offering to help. How many businesses do you know of that will contact the customer before the customer even calls them and offer their service? I know of only ONE! Yeti..!!

Buy a 575 and with the money you save from not buying the ellsworth, take a nice vacation.
Well put, iviguy! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
otisisadog said:
I had a similar incident wher Yeti called me back and went way beyond what they needed to do with regards to my TI ARC. They have me as a customer for life. I am now deciding between a 575, and an ASR. Thanks guys!
Now that is a tough choice!

Personally I would go for the 575 (obviously :p) to have a bigger difference from your HTs, but that is just my opinion... both are awesome...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
awsome CS

iviguy said:
Service
5 year warranty

Your experience with Yeti is unbelivable. I mean its hard to believe that this kind of care and service still exsists in the industry. And to think they kept it personal with you without getting any publicity like others do. Wow!.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.