Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Brad,

I made a 2S pack to strap to the helmet, but plan on making a 4 battery (not sure if it will be a 4S1P or a 2S2P pack?????) to put in Camelbak.

I have been reading up on the anodizing stuff....... maybe in the future, I feel like the first light I made is a tank and already outdated, it is only several weeks old!

I have been thinking about flowing my on XM-L2s onto stars and doing a Taskled driver twin or triple light. I have to stop living on this forum, I am learning too much stuff!

I blame you all!

Who new this would be so addicting,

Don

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
HaHa, We all have been there.

Nice build! How is the back cover held in? Kind of looks like a press-fit.
Yes, it is a press fit. Didn't want to mess with tiny 1-72 screws, that and haven't cut threads before, nor do i have a bit to do so.......yet!

Thank you!

·
Rep Power Infinity +2
1,539 Posts
I hear that. The smallest screws I use are 2-56. My latest helmet light has 11 of then. I was sweating breaking the tap on each hole.
Breaking off a tap is half the fun, or getting the broken tap out after, and it always seems to be the last hole that it snaps off in:madmax:.

I use M2.5 socket heads and stream hardened gun nose taps where possible. The at least have a little flex in them without breaking and don't loose there edge very readily. Carbide taps are a pain as they are too hard and snap really easily. The main key is lots of cutting fluid. No fun trying to get a tap out of a dry hole. Admittedly I have broken more taps off in aluminium than stainless steel. Doesn't make sense sometimes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you!
I wanted to weigh it but all I have is a postal scale that measures in pounds. Not very accurate, a gram scale is on my list to pick up one of these days.

And I suppose I should pick up a power supply and hit the pool store for some chemicals.......

The peer pressure is worse then middle and high school!!!!

I have thank you guys for inspiring me to build lights:thumbsup:

I came on this forum a year and a half ago and read a thread that must have been talking about drivers and thought no way:confused: so I stumbled back on it after seeing Pucked Up's "Easy XM-L" build this past fall- Now I am hooked:)

Don

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I picked up a cheap scale from Malwart....... 49 grams.

Now I must refrain from taking all the components off the bike to weigh them and figure out how to add lightness without compromising strength......
Electronic device Product Text Technology White

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.