Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

it will be time for me to replaced my trusty Xen helmet. i'm tempted by the urge enduromatic.

so who's using the urge enduromatic yet?
how do you like it?
looking at the helmet, compared to my giro xen. the Urge makes me think that it must be hot...how is it really? does ther vent system works well?

thanks

·
The Unaffiliated
873 Posts
I am sad that the Xen is going away after this year... best helmet ever. The "Xar" that is replacing it might be technologically superior, but it isn't nearly as good looking, in my opinion.

As for the Urge, I ride mostly in West Texas and New Mexico and I just don't see those puny little vents cutting it for airflow except maybe during the winter months. When it comes time to replace my Xen I will look at the new Xar and probably the Specialized Vice and Fox Flux. For my needs the airflow through the helmet is probably the most important factor relating to ride comfort, just so long as it doesn't squeeze my head funny and have weird pressure points.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Had mine for a while now, it fits great, looks great (no more massive mushroom head helmets) seems cooler so far (than my Met Parachute - no chain guard) but yet to test it in summer.

·
Registered
319 Posts
haven't used it in the summer so can't tell, but autumn ride no problem. i really love it cos it's really light and looks so nice! just love to put it on my head, damn i even love to just look at it sitting next to my bike at my home!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.