Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a specialized deviant and just noticed that the foam in the helmet has detached from the plastic outer shell. The helmets never taken a hit. The foam is not cracked, just separated from the shell. It has always been kept out of the heat and indoors. Has anyone else had this happen? It there any adhesive that I can use to reattach the foam to the shell? Thanks.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
maybe the helmet sat for awhile before you bought it....do yourself a favor and buy a new helmet.....don't buy another deviant...those are like plastic toys...I wouldn't even wear one for XC riding ...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Many broken helmets have lead me to feel that for serious dh riding you should wear a DOT approved lid. I have continued to break helmets but with much less injury.

·
Registered
443 Posts
new helmet. end of story. i'd call specialized though, they will prolly hook you up if you didnt crash and there isnt any crash damage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.