Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my latest helmet is cracked, and I went shopping today for a new lid. I like the Giro Xen, and have found a place that has them cheap, but they only have them in black and poop brown. I typically try to get white or silver due to our warm sun, but I can get one of these for ~$65. Do those of you with darker colored helmets notice if the helmet is any hotter? I hate to buy one at full retail, as I only seem to get about 6 mos. out of a helmet.

·
Wait, what!?
742 Posts
Never bothered me. Maybe because the vents are fairly large, and let in a bunch of air? Maybe its too hot outside to realize it? Whatever it is, I like it and dont have a single heat complaint about it.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
nova rio said:
I have a black/silver Bell Slant (excellent helmet). No heat issues at all. A long long time ago I insisted on white. Then I got cool. I have never been hot since.
You must not ride in Phoenix or Tucson then.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You know what they say... once you go black...

I've been accused of being a hot head, but I don't think it has anything to do with my choice in helmet color...:devil:

FWIW, I have the flat black/grey camo Fox Flux and I have no complaints about it being hotter than any other (lighter) color. The big vents let in plenty of air. I'm in a little cooler climate than you tho (Prescott), so YMMV...

·
EDR
10,586 Posts
Where is this deal at?

My Xen is cracked and I have been looking for a deal on a new black one. I've worn black for years with no complaints. I mean after all, between the thin black shell and my head is about an inch of insulating foam.

·
EDR
10,586 Posts
Exodus11 said:
EDR, i was gearing my reply towards kendogg, id love to know where to get one at that price :thumbsup:
Ahh...now it makes sense.

You can get an '06 from (Poor)Performance Bikes for $79 plus 10% off. You gotta love pink though. I only paid around $60 for my current Xen about 2 years ago. It was a closeout item. I've been watching them for weeks now but haven't seen any for anywhere near that price. I'm determined not to spend more than 70 bucks on this thing.

·
oh Lucky me
705 Posts
tomorrow (i believe) chainlove.com is going to be having a 4 hour block of Mountain Bike related items. i believe today was roadies...

between 8a and 12p or 10a and 2pm or something like that....

·
oh Lucky me
705 Posts
Exodus11 said:
tomorrow (i believe) chainlove.com is going to be having a 4 hour block of Mountain Bike related items. i believe today was roadies...

between 8a and 12p or 10a and 2pm or something like that....
here....

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The deal is at wheelworld. It's $79 and they have the coupon code :CHILL for 20% off. Wednesday is the last night for the coupon. Get it while it's hot.

·
EDR
10,586 Posts
kendogg said:
The deal is at wheelworld. It's $79 and they have the coupon code :CHILL for 20% off. Wednesday is the last night for the coupon. Get it while it's hot.
Thanks for the hook-up.

What the heck is 'sepia'? Brown maybe. I might order that one just for the fun of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.