Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any time I'm done with a ride I pull up to my car... take a drink.. and then for the moment of glory ..when i take off my helmet and my hair has ridiculous huge ridges (that dont go away for hours) from the helmet. :D

I don't really see anyone else's hair do this, must be my hair length. Is anyone else honored to say they suffer from a severe case of helmet head? :D lol or is it just me??

·
I'm SUCH a square....
1,955 Posts
I like to keep my hair buzzed short, almost stubble; the 'helmet hair' is what I use to let myself know when it's time to buzz again....

·
ride like you stole it
680 Posts
I've got big poofy curly hair and when I'm done, if you look close enough, you can see where all the vent holes are on my helmet.

Pretty much impossible to get rid of since where my helmet touches my head the hair gets wet from sweat and sticks down but all the other hair stays dry.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I noticed this for the first time the other week. I had it going on pretty good. Maybe I'll try to get a pic next time I'm out.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I've got thick coarse hair and no matter what length I have it, I get major helmet hair. Everyone else looks fine after a ride, but I get the double mohawk.

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
chanc2 said:
I am about to go bald, so I have no "helmet head" problem.
I hear that HAT takes care of that problem pretty well. I can speak from personal experience that it works pretty well on Helmet Head as well.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i am in that club rock the "tri-hawk" i like to use that as a badge of honor of sort

1 - 9 of 9 Posts